2.27.2011

He restores my soul.

I just wanted to share with you a passage that I was brought to this morning. 

Psalm 23:1-6
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul. 
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, 
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever

This passage kind of came out of nowhere, as I was reading Kings 16-25 right before and then all of a sudden the next thing in my reading plan is Psalm 23:1-6. Kings is all about famine and taking siege on cities and then this. Well, whoa. I wasn't even going to go forward with more reading but I thought, eh just one more passage. And man, this was just what I needed to read. Thank you God! Amen

If you are wondering what I mean when I refer to my reading plan, I am currently using the YouVersion Bible on my iPhone and am working through their "The Essential 100" daily reading plan. It's a great plan for new believers and for those who may have been believers for a while but are not very familiar with a lot of the stories from the Bible as myself. I have been following Christ for 5 years and I was feeling guilty when others would ramble off verses or talk about stories and I didn't know what they were talking about. So I challenged myself to search more. This plan is great for that! Disclaimer: I know that Christ does not want me to feel guilty for this as he is after our hearts, which he has of mine but, Christ calls us to change lives and it's hard to do this on a more Child-like faith level.     I'm challenging myself to know more so I can change/impact lives for Christ

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for you are with me. 

Enjoy your Sunday!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I posted about this same passage on Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really?! weird, I had no idea and I always read your blog! bahaha. It's a great passage!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me giddy! Thanks so much!